Award-winning Air New Zealand has one of the most innovative long-haul experiences flying daily between London, Los Angeles and New Zealand. As the airline that flies passengers on some of the world’s longest routes, there’s not much Air New Zealand doesn’t know about long-haul travel! Whether it’s Air New Zealand’s revolutionary new Premium Economy Spaceseat™ with unparalleled personal space, state-of-the-art Economy Skycouch™ or their award winning lie-flat bed in Business Premier – you can be sure of their uniquely Kiwi style and thoughtful touches.
On 30 April 1940 Tasman Empire Airways Limited (TEAL) - later to become Air New Zealand operated its first scheduled flight between Auckland and Sydney. After nine hours of flying - operated by the flying boat Aotearoa and carrying nine passengers, it landed at Rose Bay, Sydney. Since then, the route network expanded from Australia and the Pacific to Asia, North America, UK and in 1999 became a fully-fledged member of Star Alliance.
They have certainly come a long way since then and are now known for our innovations when it comes to technology, service and product design. Not to forget the entertaining safety videos. They pride themselves on exceptional Kiwi service and putting the customers experience first, while their revolutionary product continues to set the bar high for the rest of the airline industry.
Air New Zealand’s Business Premier cabin delivers all the things travellers love, with a few fresh twists. For a great night’s sleep, the award-winning lie-flat bed is now even more luxurious sporting a thick memory foam mattress, a fluffy duvet and two full sized pillows.
• Luxurious leather armchair,converts to a fully lie-flat 6' 7.5" bed, relax in any position for taxi, take-off or landing
• Ottoman footrest that doubles as a visitor seat and individual table
• Individual 12.1 inch touch screen entertainment system, includes USB, iPod, PC Power
• Innovative menus created by renowned New Zealand chefs
• Premium selection of New Zealand wines
• Premium check-in and lounge access
• Chauffeur service or valet parking#
|#Dependent on booking class and type of fare. Chauffeur service valid within a 60 mile radius of London Heathrow airport. Valet parking valid for stay of up to 30 days.|
In Air New Zealand’s Premium Economy cabin, space and privacy is a priority so they introduced the unique Premium Economy Spaceseat™*. The seat has been built with a fixed shell design so the person sitting in front won’t recline back into your space. And with a unique seat configuration there’s more direct aisle access. Premium customers will also enjoy extra luggage, priority check-in and boarding and premium food and New Zealand wines.
• Up to 42” seat pitch
• Access to in seat power
• Premium food menus and New Zealand wine list
• Entertainment system available from the moment you board to the moment you arrive
• Snacks and drinks on demand, available to order from your entertainment system
Whether it's a couple who'd like a bit of extra room, parents with a young child or a parent with two restless kids, you'll find the innovative Economy Skycouch™ is the perfect solution. The Skycouch™ is a trio of Economy seats that together create a flexible space - to relax and stretch out in - or for the kids to use as a play area. It's like having your very own couch on the plane.
• Specially designed Economy seats sold as a row of 3 with additional flat, flexible space to stretch out and relax in
• Ideal for families, acts like a couch on a plane
• Sleep pack including underlay, soft polar fleece blanket and large pillow
• The same great benefits of Air New Zealand’s new Economy class (below)
Air New Zealand's Economy seats have been designed to provide a really comfortable rest. The armrest disappears right into the back of the seat (even at the windows), and the winged headrest swivels more freely to better support your head. You'll find their inflight entertainment has loads more content that will keep you entertained from the moment guests get on the plane to the moment you touchdown
On board passengers sit back and relax with thousands of hours of on demand entertainment from the 10.6 touch screen.
• Industry leading levels of comfort with a spacious 33 inch* seat pitch (32 inch on the 777-200 aircraft)
• Onboard 777-300 enjoy on-demand touch screen entertainment,around 1200 hrs of content on a 10.6” screen.
• Onboard the 777-200 relax with over 580 hours of on demand entertainment on the 8.4” screen
• On-demand snacks and drinks between food and drink service*
*Only available on B777-300ER services between London, Los Angeles and Auckland